*Regional Final Submission Deadline Has Been Extended to 26th March 2018! Hurry Up and Register!!
Higher Education Commission & Microsoft are collaborating to bring Microsoft’s Imagine Cup – the prestigious student technology competition, bringing together student innovators from all over the world. This is an amazing opportunity for the youth of Pakistan to participate and utilize their potential by bringing their imagination and their passion towards creating technological solutions, their Final Year Projects and compete to win up to $100,000 USD. Microsoft along with HEC is striving for nurturing innovation and transforming technology among the youth of Pakistan. It is hoped that the platform made available through this collaborated effort will help students of Pakistan in recognition of their innovative ideas and relative projects.
What’s new in Imagine Cup 2018?
We’ve made some big changes to Imagine Cup, here is a quick summary:
Get Started with Microsoft Imagine Cup
Step 1: Register for the competition
Step 2: Create or Join an Imagine Cup Team
Imagine Cup teams are made of up to three eligible students. You can create a team from your profile page.
Step 3: Submit your project
- Please note, that the project video (either a demonstration of your project or a presentation) is the most important component of your project for the Regional Finals.
You can submit and check the status of your entry from your Account page. The plan of submission for both regional and national finals of Pakistan is listed below.
A How-to document of this procedure with screenshots can be found here.
Please read the rules and regulations carefully before you begin your Imagine Cup journey. Understanding the rules will give you the best chance to win!
Imagine Cup 2018 Schedule for Pakistan
To ensure quality output, the competing teams from Pakistan are initially evaluated in Regional Finals that are held in different cities. The winning teams compete for National Finals to select a National Winner. A mix of judges both from Academia (as directed by HEC) and industry evaluate the solutions during both rounds. Both Regional, as well as National Finals evaluations, are made based on team’s deliverables submitted online on the Imagine Cup Portal.
Below, please take note of the important dates for Pakistan Imagine Cup 2018 plan:
- Deliverable submission for Regional Finals on Imagine Cup site will start on 1st December 2017 and close on 26th March 2018 midnight Pakistan Time.
- Regional Finals will be held between 27th March 2018 to 06th April 2018.
- Regional Finals winners’ announcement will be made by 9th April 2018.
- National Finals deliverables submission will start on 9th April 2018 and end on 30th April 2018.
- National Finals will be held between 3rd & 4th May 2018 in Islamabad.
- National Final winner of Pakistan will be announced by 11th May 2018.
- The National winner will go on to compete in the MEA Semifinals, which is going to be held on 23rd May 2018.
Regional & National Finals Deliverables
Please make sure that during regional and national finals, the evaluation will be made based on the deliverables submitted on Imagine Cup site as per above schedule. Here’s a review of the required deliverables.
The title of your project.
A short description of your project.
A Microsoft Word or PDF document no longer than ten pages, or a PowerPoint presentation no longer than twenty slides, which explains your project and your team.
Project Software Instructions:
A short document that explains how to install and use your project.
Project Video OneDrive URL
The video should be a maximum of 3 minutes in length.
How to avail Microsoft Azure?
Students can subscribe to Microsoft Imagine for FREE which includes various software benefits including Microsoft Azure. There are multiple ways to subscribe to Microsoft Azure. This video provides a walk-through to subscribe to Microsoft Azure using Microsoft Imagine voucher.
For future updates and registrations visit www.microsoft.com